Make-A-Wish® takes very seriously our responsibility to steward supporter contributions wisely. Our fundraising efforts, fiscal practices, and business operations all are designed to support a single purpose: to grant wishes that change lives.
Fiscal Years 2018 & 2019 were milestone years in a number of respects:
- Make-A-Wish Missouri & Make-A-Wish Kansas realigned to become "Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas"
- Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas granted 419 wishes to local children with critical illnesses in 2018 and 433 in 2019
- Feedspot named the local chapter's blog a "Top 60" blog - coming in at number 21
- The local chapter was named in Town & Style Magazine's top ten local nonprofits to support
- We became the first Make-A-Wish chapter to raise over $900,000 with our 2019 Walk For Wishes
The National Office provides overarching brand stewardship, policy and
guideline oversight, and fundraising and outreach tools and resources to
help chapters focus on granting more and better wishes every year.